The Athletic Scholarship is for students who excel in the field of Sports.
– Granted to new and old students who are officially enrolled and willing to undergo training in the sports event they excel.
– For continuing students, the level of Meet played by the student shall be certified by the Sports Director.
The percentage scholarship assistance depends upon the level of the meet the student played during the preceding school year as certified by Sports Director for old students as follows:
- CHED Sports Program
PASUC Olympics – National Level
- Gold – 100% Tuition Fee discount
- Silver Medalist – 75% Tuition Fee discount
- Bronze Medalist – 50% Tuition Fee discount
- Participants (no medal) – 25% Tuition Fee discount
2. Philippine Sports Commission Program/Philippine Olympic festival National Games/NSA Sponsored Games
- National Games – 100% Full tuition
3. PSC/POF/NSA (Sanctioned) Regional Qualifying Games
1. Gold – 100% Tuition Fee discount
2. Silver Medalist – 75% Tuition Fee discount
3. Bronze Medalist – 50% Tuition Fee discount
4. Participants (no medal) – 25% Tuition Fee discount
(1) The scholarship shall be enjoyed by the student during the succeeding semester after winning the event.
(2) Should an athlete win in the higher meets, he/she enjoys whichever offers the higher benefit.
(3) Invitational games sanctioned by PSC can also be considered however, Fiesta invitational games/provincial/town fiesta will not be considered.
Requirements to be fulfilled by Athletic Scholars
a) New Scholars (Freshmen)
– Must be officially Enrolled in the University
– Certificate of Participation from the Principal and Coach stating that he/she was an athlete and participated in the Regional or National Meet when he/she was a fourth year high school student.
– They receive corresponding tuition fee sponsorship according to the level of meet participated in as such:
a) National – Full Tuition Scholarship
b) Regional – Half Tuition Scholarship
b) Varsity Athletes (Old Student)
– The athlete should present his/her previous grades to the P.E. and Sports Department for recommendation to be included in the list of athletic scholars.
– FAILURES and DROPPED marks shall disqualify an athlete to become a scholar. However, with INCOMPLETE grades, he/she should complete before he/she enjoys the scholarship grant.
– Participated in the Regional or National Meet.
Note: In case there are no athletic meets within a school year, the athlete should religiously practice or undergo training in preparation for higher meets.
– Certification from the Director, Physical Education and Sports Department.