TULONG DUNONG SCHOLARHIP GRANTS
The TULONG DUNONG is a Grants-in-Aid (GIA) under the Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPS) of Commission on Higher Education (CHED). This is intended for:
(a) High school graduates whose GWA is at least a passing grade in the third year and in the first three grading periods of the fourth year and who will enroll in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private HEIs;
(b) Student with earned units in college – whose weighted average is at least a passing grade for the last two (2) semesters and enrolled in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private HEIs; and
(c) Students who passed the Alternative Learning System (ALS) and Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT).
The package of financial assistance to grantees shall be six (6) semesters for a three (3) year program, eight (8) semesters for a four (4) year program or ten (10) semesters for a five (5) year program. The amount of financial benefits are tuition and other school fess as billed not to exceed Php12,000.00 per academic year.
Student applicants should submit the accomplished CHED StuFAPS Application (StuFAPs Form 1) directly to the CHED Regional Office. However, applicants who intend to enroll in State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) shall directly submit their StuFAPs Form 1 to the concerned SUCs.
- For incoming freshmen
– For fourth year high school applicants – third year grades and first three grading periods of fourth year;
– For high school graduates – fourth year Form 138
- For Applicants with Earned Units in College
– Certificate of grades in all subjects in completed semesters
- For Other Applicants
– ALS – Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer Certificate
– PEPT – Certificate of Advancing to the Next Level
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents and Guardians
– For those who are exempted from filing income tax, a Certificate of Tax exemption from the bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) should be submitted. For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, a latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered.
Certificate of good moral character from the last school attended
- Academic Performance – 60%
– GWA- for high school graduates and for graduating high school, average of GWAs for third year level and average of the first three grading periods of fourth year level
– At least a passing grade (for those with earned units in college) in all subjects in the last two (2) semesters
– ALS- Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer Certificate (maximum of 80%)
– PEPT-Advancing to College Level Certificate (maximum of 80%)
- Annual Gross income – 40%
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be a high school graduate; candidate for graduation; with earned units in college; passer of ALS/PEPT;
- Must have combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (Php 300,000.00);
- Must avail of only one CHED scholarship or financial assistance program; and
- Must not be a graduate of any degree program