The Registrar’s Office Operations Manual was prepared considering the demands for better approaches and policy guidelines of the Ifugao State University and in compliance to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) suggested Manual of Operations for State Universities and Colleges(SUCs). This Operations Manual of the Registrar’s office underwent extensive evaluation and study, before tis production. Its primary purpose is to ensure that guidelines are updated and made more applicable to the present and future milieu.
Ifugao State University expects that every member of its academic community shares its historic mission and commitment to Ifugao, making it a haven of educated and God loving people with improved quality of life.
As per Ifugao State University Mandates, the University shall primarily provide accountancy, advanced instruction and professional training in education, agriculture and forestry, arts & sciences, business and industry engineering, indigenous knowledge, information technology, law, public administration, and other relevant fields of study. It shall also undertake research and extension services and provide progressive leadership in its area of specialization(Sec. 2, R.A. no. 9720)
The office of the Registrar envisions itself in providing academic and administrative support to instruction for excellent services in the delivery of quality service to all sectors that enable it to attain its educational mandate.
To instill a culture of excellence by promoting the vision-mission of the Ifugao State University, to continuously improve its services with integrity, dedication and conducting work in the spirit of the Ifugao State University Core Values including truth, equality and respect.
- Further efforts for uniform policies, rules and procedures among the different campus registrars
- Maintain student official and educational records, with appropriate sensitivity to privacy concerns and confidentiality laws governing these records
- Hold the truth and confidence of students, faculty, and staff for quality of work, collaborative solution, and administrative foresight
- Convey reliable information about the faculty-approved academic policies and regulations of the University, and implement these policies consistently
- Earn national respect for excellence in academic services
The Department of Registrar and Admission Services is headed by a Director who is appointed by the President with the concurrence of the Board of Regents. The Director reports directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The Director participates in matters concerning the recruitment, filling up of Registrar positions and other registrar personnel concerns of the registrar. Campus registrar administers the registrar. They are assisted by support staffs. The Organizational Chart is shown in figure 1.
Figure 1. Department of Registrar and Admission Organization Chart
- Student Admission
- Evaluation of student records
- Records management