The College of Health Sciences (CHS) was established in March 2005 under Executive Order 358 known as the Institutionalization of a Ladderized Interface between Technical Vocational and Training (TVET) and Higher Education (HE). IFSU was mandated to offer the Ladderized BSN Program. In 2010, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing was revised from ladderized program to a straight 4- year Nursing to comply with CHED Memo 14 series 2009. Since then, the College has produced esteemed registered Nurses and Midwives. In 2014, the BSN program was deferred but was reopened on August 2018 with CMO No. 15 series of 2017 as the basis for curricular revision.
"A globally recognized center for health sciences education encompassing cultural heritage."
Produce globally competitive and innovative health care professionals endowed with knowledge, skills and right attitude through quality instruction, research, extension and entrepreneurship.
- To develop the core competencies of students in the different areas of health and well-being incorporating cultural awareness.
- To enhance research capabilities focused on culture, evidence-based practices, national and international health research agenda;
- To strengthen community engagement for sustainable extension services, trainings and linkages;
- To utilize technology in advancing knowledge, skills and attitude towards excellent and equitable health care delivery
- To promote the University’s national and global identity.
College of Health Sciences Admission Requirements.
1. IFSU Entrance Exam Result
2. Form 138-A Report Card (original)
3. Certificate of Good Moral Character from school last attended (original)
4. Two (2) passport-size colored ID picture (taken recently, with name tag and white background)
5. Two (2) long white folders (for the College)
6. PSA/NSO-issued birth certificate (photocopy)
7. Marriage certificate for married students (photocopy)
1. IFSU Entrance Exam Result
2. Transfer Credentials (original copy)
3. True copy of Grades (original copy)
4. Certificate of Good Moral Character from school last attended (original)
5. Two (2) passport-size colored ID picture (taken recently, with name tag and white background)
6. Two (2) long white folders (for the College)
7. PSA/NSO-issued birth certificate (photocopy)
8. Marriage certificate for married students (photocopy)
College of Health Sciences Program Offerings
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING (BSN)
First Year: At the end of the first year, given simulated situations in selected settings, the learners demonstrate basic nursing skills in rendering safe and appropriate care utilizing the nursing process. In addition, they imbibe the values such as teamwork, integrity, respect, and caring as well as develop a deeper awareness of their rights, duties and responsibilities to God, country and the world.
Second Year: At the end of the 2nd year, given a normal and high-risk mother and newborn, child,family, communities, and population groups in any health care setting, the learners demonstrate safe, appropriate and holistic care utilizing the nursing process, As social advocates or mobilizers, the learners promote ethical, indigenous and collective practices.
Third Year: At the end of the third year, given individuals, families, population groups, and communities with physiologic and psychosocial health problems and maladaptive patterns of bahaviour in varied health care settings, the learners demonstrate safe, appropriate and holistic care utilizing the nursing process and applying research and evidence-based practice. Likewise, the learners develop advanced communication and language competencies comparative to global proficiencies. The learners are likewise expected to specialize in a specific track of their choice.
Fourth Year: At the end of the fourth year, given groups of clients (individual, families, population froups, and communities) with health problems and special needs, the learners demonstrate safe, appropriate and holistic care utilizing the nursing process and can assume first level entry positions in any field of nursing.
College of Health Sciences Faculty Profile
Bongtiwon, Augusta D.Associate Professor V firstname.lastname@example.org 09066776267
Allama, Cheryline D.Associate Professor II email@example.com 09157570845
Breboneria, Phyllice A.Instructor I firstname.lastname@example.org 09554408983
Guyguyon, Marichu N.Instructor I email@example.com 09364424144
Cayat, Harlene Rose R.Instructor I firstname.lastname@example.org 09261853529
Pinay-an, Marlie Beth P.Instructor I email@example.com 09174993786